So I have started on two of my new year’s resolutions.
- I quit smoking at 9 am on Tuesday 15th January 2019 – So far this has gone well and I have not had a cigarette. Thank you to boots for making patches that survive showers
- Weight – in the last 3 weeks I have lost 3-4 KG of weight and intend to keep up the good work. I am looking forward to providing a new update this time next month.
2019 is almost here. We have many things that at Christmas time we look back at and wish we had done better and yet we look to the new years and make resolutions that we are set up to fail.
I was watching a live stream for Aiden Hatfield who does amazing work and he said that you should be realistic about your resolutions. An example would be, “I will stop smoking by the end of the year”. This means that you are able to allow yourself the occasional slip up because your aim is to quit by the end of the year.
So for me, my resolutions are as follows;
- To stop smoking by the end of the year;
- To lose at least 20KG by this time next year;
- To continue to push myself in 2019;