Every day I will try and post an on this day post. I got a book of cool facts and think I need to share.
So on this day (April 22nd) the following:
- April 22 1500 : Portuguese navigator Pedro Alvarez Cabral discovers Brazil and claimed it for Portugal.
- April 22 1889: Russian born Novelist Vladimir Nabokov was born.
- April 22 1915: German soldiers used gas for the first time on the Western Front
- April 22 1971: The death of Haiti’s hated leader Pappa Doc
- April 22 1983: The £1 note was replaced with a £1 coin
- April 22 1994: Richard Nixon dies
- April 22 1838: The British steamer Sirius became the first steamer to sail between New York and Britain
Tune in tomorrow for the next installment.