On this day June 2nd the following things happened in history;
- 1966 The American spacecraft Surveyor landed on the Moon;
- 1985 English football clubs are banned from playing in Europe due to football Hooligans;
- 1896 Gugielmo Marconi takes out the first patent for sending and recieving messages long distance without cables;
- 1740 Marquis de Sade is born;
- 1982 Giuseppe Garibaldi dies;
- 1840 Thomas Hardy is born;
- 1946 Italy’s monarchy is abolished;
- 1953 Queen Elizabeth Alexandra Mary is crowned by the Archbishop of Canterbury;
- 1857 Sir Edward Elgar is born;
Feeling a little low tonight.
Remembering the training course I have been on. The teacher makes these comments about me and I just want to hide away. I feel he needs to learn more about tolerance of people with other disabilities. I feel like I have to hide away. I don’t think I will ever go on any training course where this trainer is teaching ever again.
I have decided to challenge myself to write a blog every day of the month of June. This for me is a challenge because there are times when I will admit my disabilities can get the better of me. So, I will challenge myself to blog at least once a day 🙂 Wish me luck
On this day June 1st the following things happened;
- 1967 The Beatles released Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band Album
- 1968 Helen Keller died
- 1831 Sir James Clark Ross find the magnetic North Pole
- 1930 Edward Woodward is born
- 1880 The first public telephone
- 1934 Pat Boone was born
- 1910 Captain Robert Falcon Scott sails from London on the Terra Nova to the south pole
- 1937 Morgan Freeman is born
- 1985 Police face off with hippies at Stonehenge
- 1926 Marilyn Monroe is born
- 2002 The Queen celebrates her Golden Jubilee
- 2004 Nelson Mandela announces his retirement
Yesterday I received an awesome boost.
Due to my varying disabilities I struggle with a range of things. One of those things happens to be cleaning, more specifically making my bed. I can do the sheets and the pillowcases but doing the duvet cover is something that takes so much energy and causes me so much pain that I tend to avoid doing it. I would normally ask my mum to do it for me.
Well last night I had a little accident when my water which had a berroca thing in it kind of exploded all over me. I asked my mum is she would change my duvet cover and she said no. Fair enough it was like 8 pm. So I went back to my room and decided well, I may as well just try if it failed then mum could do it for me when I got up. So I went to the airing cupboard and got the new bed linen to change my bed and I got to the duvet. My back was hurting and I was doubting myself but I gave it a go. I managed to do it for the first time ever. I changed my Duvet Cover.
For those of you who do not have a disability you may not understand how huge this is for me. I really have NEVER changed my duvet cover. I just couldn’t. However, last night, was the first time I was able to do so. I was sore and hurting for the rest of the night but I achieved it. To me this was AMAZING. I am so proud of myself. I cant believe I did it.
I am so proud of myself!
On this day May 30 the following things happen;
- 1539 Spanish explorer Hernando De Soto discovers Florida;
- 1959 The Auckland Harbour Bridge in New Zealand is opened;
- 1989 Food riots threaten the stability in Argentina;
- 1846 Peter Carl Faberge is born;
- 1498 Christopher Columbus embarks on his third voyage;
- 1908 Mel Blanc is born;
- 2003 Bob Hopes 100 birthday;
- 1536 King Henry VII of England marries Jane Seymour;
- 1909 Benny Goodman is born;
- 1640 Peter Paul Rubens Died;
- 1744 Alexander Pope died;
- 1788 Voltaire died;1593 Marlowe died in a pub brawl;
Please send prayers out to those affected by this