So, I have been trying to figure out this cooking thing. I was given bits and pieces of the recipe, unfortunately, one of the key parts was missing. Be careful how much sauce you put in.
When you’re autistic it is very difficult to figure out cooking instructions especially those done by chefs. Reduce this to me = pour some out. Separate the eggs, well clearly one went in one corner and another went in the other. So tried this recipe without any instructions I applaud myself, however, instead of Tuna Fish Pie I made Tuna Fish Soup. Literally, I poured it onto the plate instead of dishing it up.
The learning curve, I think I need to do a test on how much source is needed. This is the only way in which I will be able to properly assess how much would make it a good pie instead of a soupy mess…
I have never been too good with cooking so I am working this out as I go. However, I am doing what I can to make it more sensible to me instead of a crazy mess. What I do not like about cooking however is the cleanup :S Sometimes I really wish I had a dishwasher!
To help with the Autism Cause however here is the recipe;
- Preheat the over to 180 degrees
- Peel the skin off the potatoes that you are going to use.
- Bring the potatoes to the boil,
- Leave to simmer on low temperature for 20-30 minutes
- The check is soft with a sharp knife stab the potatoes after.
- Drain the potatoes
- put in a spoon of butter then mash the potatoes.
- Once this is done open a tin of tuna.
- Drain the Tuna
- Depending on how many people you are cooking for put tuna into a bowl. If it is one person go by your love of tuna.
- Add in 1 handful of frozen peas
- Add in a small amount of sauce. It should be enough to cote the Tuna and the pees but not so much that you look like you are making soup.
- Put into an oven dish the tuna, peas, and sauce.
- Add on top the mashed potato
- spread out the mashed potato
- add a layer of cheese on top
- cook for 20-30 minutes in the oven (which you have preheated)
Hopefully, those instructions help you. If this recipe has helped you learn something new, please consider donating to my Paypal Pool; https://paypal.me/pools/c/8jodKc0c02