Hi Ladies and Gents,
You have read my blogs and you have liked what you have seen. So, what I will say is if you wish to see more and me to expand my blog and my other campaigns then I would ask if you can donate money. The money would go to the running of my blog and finding ways to expand my reach to more people including helping to support myself in terms of keeping this blog going once I move out on my own.
Obviously if you cant donate then I fully appreciate that but, if you are then I would be grateful. The money will be put into savings so that when I have enough to pay for upgrades etc then i will be able to.
I am also willing to make things for you in exchange for donations. I am able to crochet blankets and knit scarves. I want to expand the skills that I have in that department.
Money will be going for the following;
- expanding my Disability Awareness Campaign;
- expanding my Thank You Campaign;
- Maintaining my personal blog;
- Internet once I get my own place so I can do more videos, blogs, and more work;
If you would like to donate please use this link: paypal.me/suzef86
On this day May 30 the following things happen;
- 1539 Spanish explorer Hernando De Soto discovers Florida;
- 1959 The Auckland Harbour Bridge in New Zealand is opened;
- 1989 Food riots threaten the stability in Argentina;
- 1846 Peter Carl Faberge is born;
- 1498 Christopher Columbus embarks on his third voyage;
- 1908 Mel Blanc is born;
- 2003 Bob Hopes 100 birthday;
- 1536 King Henry VII of England marries Jane Seymour;
- 1909 Benny Goodman is born;
- 1640 Peter Paul Rubens Died;
- 1744 Alexander Pope died;
- 1788 Voltaire died;1593 Marlowe died in a pub brawl;
Please send prayers out to those affected by this
So, its sounds like a crazy title of a blog on disability however today I wanted to talk about these thing.
Lets start with Spoon Theory. This is a theory that people with disabilities have x amount of spoons for each day and they have to apportion the spoons so that they can make sure that they have enough to get through the day. Every time that you do something starting with getting up in the morning you loose a spoon. The idea is to not be in negative numbers (or borrow against the next day).
Social energy is relating to neurodiverse conditions which states that a Neurotypical person has one size tank and neurodiverse people have a smaller tank. Like Spoon Theory your tank empties during the day however, unlike spoon theory you can do things to refill your tank. The idea is that you need to know where your tank is and know when you need to go out. Because a neurodiverse persons tank is smaller it empties a lot quicker and when you get to around 30% your in the danger zone of meltdowns or over-stimulation. So you have to manage your tank well and take regular breaks so that you never get to that 30% mark or below.
Now, you may be wondering where music comes into this. Well, for me, Listening to music is one of the ways I refill my tank. It doesn’t help with the spoons but it helps with the tank. You see most people with disabilities have more that one condition. A lot of Autistic people I have met also have another medical condition which also relies on the spoon theory as well. it is easy to say that you follow one or the other theory but the truth is that it does not always work.
This, I have learned the hard way. I have tried living with one theory and realised I have struggled and not understood why until I found the other one. There is also nothing wrong with following both theories either. You can be low on spoons and have to plan the rest of your day carefully however, you are able to say you have a 1/2 full tank. This is what I choose to do on a regular basis and so far it has worked.
I am not saying that it works for everyone but here are some helpful things for you to remember;
- If you are following spoon theory make sure that you know how many spoons you start off with for the day. Some people could start off with more then others depending on their condition and how it affects them.
- If you follow the social energy theory then you have to keep a regular eye on your mood and when you feel the most hyperactive.
- If you follow the social energy theory, know what will help you refil your tank. For me, I get to the 30% mark and I stick my headphones in and start listening to music. He helps bring me back to an even keel and I am a lot better then I was before I put them in.
- But most importantly, know yourself. Know which is best for you. If you dont need to use spoon theory dont as it can cause you stress and vice versa with the social energy tank.
What I have found with this is that I am able to do a lot more a a proud disabled person by following these theories and you can do so as well. Just find what works for you.
So, I am waiting for my pills to kick in and I am honestly sitting here thinking about why I blog.
When I was diagnosed with my Autism it was like a Eureka moment for me. I had always wondered why I had struggled so much and realized that I needed a way to let out some of the stress I was going through on the day to day with all my disabilities. It really isn’t fun to live like this. Don’t get me wrong I know that I have achieved a lot whilst still having disabilities however it is definitely not fun.
So, I decided that I would blog about what life is like. The highs, the lows and everything in between. I know people do not want to hear about this but by blogging I am able to get the stresses of every day out and it really helps me. I am learning the way to deal with everything and live my life proudly as a disabled person.
I am on a DRUK Leadership course which is aimed at people with disabilities so I have to have an early night tonight as I have training session tomorrow.
Hope everyone has a wonderful night and day tomorrow.
On this date May 29 the following things happened in History;
- 1894 Josef Von Sternberg, Austrian film director whose films included The Blue Angel was born;
- 1795 Virginia Assembly opposes Britains Stamp Act;
- 1903 Bob Hope was born;
- 1914 Canadian Pacific liner the Empress of Ireland is wrecked in the St Lawrence river drowning 1000 people;
- 1917 John F Kennedy was born;
- 1972 Presidents Nixon and Brezhnev sign the first arms reduction pact;
- 1979 Abel Muzorewa become the first black prime minister of Rhodesia;
- 1953 The team of Hillary and Tenzing crown Mount Everest the worlds highest peak reaching its peak in 4 days;
- 1989 Boris Yeltsin is elected to the Supreme Soviet;
- 2010 US Actor Dennis Hopper dies;
- 1660 The Monarchy is restored in England with Charles II as king;
- 1453 Constantinople falls to the Turkish Army;
- 1985 Britain’s soccer hooligans went on the rampage at Heysel Stadium in Belgium causing a riot where 41 died;